QUESTIONS? CONCERNS? CALL ANYTIME
VIRGINIA VOTER HOTLINE
(844) 4VA-VOTE (844-482-8683) OR Text “VoteVA” to 24365
To apply for an Absentee Ballot, please click here.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE JUNE PRIMARIES
- Absentee Voting Begins: Saturday, May 9
- Deadline to Register to Vote: Monday, May 26
- In-Person: 5:00 PM
- Online: 11:59 PM
- Postmarked by May 26
- Deadline to Request an Absentee By-Mail Ballot: Tuesday, June 16
- Applications to vote by-mail must be received by 5:00 PM
- Last Day to Vote Absentee In-Person: Saturday, June 20
- June Primaries: Tuesday, June 23 from 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Deadline to Return Absentee By-Mail Ballots: Tuesday, June 23 at 7:00 PM
- Ballots must be received by your local registrar by 7:00 PM
How to Apply to Vote Absentee By-Mail
HOW TO VOTE ABSENTEE BY-MAIL
To vote Absentee By-Mail, you must submit an application requesting an Absentee Ballot. You can do this either online, by mail, by fax, or by email. You can e-sign your application and email it to your Registrar rather than printing it out and signing it with a pen.
- To apply online, please click here.
- To download the application, please click here.
- To find your registrar’s contact information, please click here.
You need an excuse to vote Absentee. Below is the list of acceptable reasons and the supporting information required. Due to COVID-19, you can vote using “2A My disability or illness” to vote Absentee. No supporting information is required using 2A My disability or illness. Voters should request an Absentee Ballot as soon as possible so they can return their ballot before polls close on Election Day.
How to Complete Your By-Mail Ballot
- For the June Primary, if a voter reasonably believes they cannot safely have a witness present, they do not need to have a witness sign their absentee ballot. Their absentee ballot will not be rejected on the basis of not having a witness signature.
June 2020 Candidates
More information about Absentee Voting
If you can not make it to your polling place on Election Day, you have other options which include voting absentee by mail or in person. Military and Overseas Voters also have mail-in options.