We invite you to participate in our spring internship program, which is designed to provide the next generation of leaders with practical political experience. Working under the supervision of DPVA staff, interns will be responsible for various tasks focused on the department they are assigned to. Please find details below.
This position will be based in the Richmond headquarters of the Democratic Party of Virginia. Applicants should be available to devote a minimum of 10 hours a week to the internship program. The internship is unpaid, but we are happy to comply with any necessary paperwork for course credit. Applicants should have a laptop and cell phone.
- Compiling daily press clips & media mentions
- Drafting language for press releases and announcements
- Researching policy and current events
- Social media planning and design
- Assisting local committees and campaigns with data needs
- Providing prompt customer service to party leaders and candidates
- Using political sense to give advice to clients and suggest modifications to data requests
- Ensuring that all users are able to use the online voter file effectively
- Assisting the Chairwoman’s Executive Assistant
- Auditing and ordering office supplies
- Maintaining various office wide calendars
- Supporting other departments as needed
- Assisting in the planning and execution of fundraising events
- Spearheading donor prospecting and research initiatives
- Maintaining our donor database, NGP VAN
- Helping with low dollar and grassroots fundraising outreach
- Processing campaign contributions
- Preparing bank deposits and expense requests
- Maintaining data integrity
- Assisting Operations Director with vendor accounts
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Preparing for Quarterly Steering and Central Meetings
- Maintaining Party contact lists
- Assisting with candidate trainings
- Responding to political inquiries on behalf of the DPVA
Note that, due to the high volume of applications, the deadline for the Spring DPVA Internship application has been extended to February 5th, 2018. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis and you will be contacted should you be chosen for an interview.
The Democratic Party of Virginia is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.