Questions? Concerns? Call anytime
Virginia Voter Hotline
Absentee ballots must be returned to the registrar’s office or a designated drop off location by 7:00 PM on June 23rd. Voters can go to vademocrats.org/registrar for their registrar’s website.
Filled out Absentee Ballots can not be brought to regular polling locations.
To get information on registering to vote, go to wevoteva.com
For information on how to vote Absentee By-Mail, click here
The Governor moved the June Primaries from June 9, 2020 to June 23, 2020.
Democratic Primaries will be held in the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 11th Congressional Districts. Click here to see a list of Democratic Candidates
You can still request an Absentee By-Mail Ballot for the June Congressional Primaries.
How to vote Absentee By-Mail
To vote Absentee By-Mail, you must submit an application requesting an Absentee Ballot. You can do this either online, by mail, by fax, or by email.
- To apply online, please click here.
- To download the application, please click here.
- To find your registrar’s contact information, please click here.
You need an excuse to vote Absentee. Below is the list of acceptable reasons and the supporting information required. Due to COVID-19, you can vote using “2A My disability or illness” to vote Absentee. No supporting information is required using 2A My disability or illness. Voters should request an Absentee Ballot as soon as possible so they can return their ballot before polls close on Election Day.
Important Dates for the June Primaries
- Deadline to Register to Vote: Monday, May 26
- In-Person: 5:00 PM
- Online: 11:59 PM
- Postmarked by May 26
- Absentee Voting Begins: Saturday, May 9
- If your registrar is not open on Saturday, May 9, Absentee Voting begins on Friday, May 8
- Deadline to Request an Absentee By-Mail Ballot: Tuesday, June 16
- Applications to vote by-mail must be received by 5:00 PM
- Last Day to Vote Absentee In-Person: Saturday, June 20
- June Primaries: Tuesday, June 23 from 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Deadline to Return Absentee By-Mail Ballots: Tuesday, June 23 at 7:00 PM
- Ballots must be received by your local registrar by 7:00 PM