QUESTIONS? CONCERNS? CALL ANYTIME
VIRGINIA VOTER HOTLINE
(844) 4VA-VOTE (844-482-8683) OR
TEXT “VOTEVA” TO 24365
March Special Election
Virginia Senate District 38
A Senate of Virginia seat in District 38 is vacant. The March Special Election will be held in order to fill that vacancy. Senate District 38 covers Bland County, Buchanan County, Dickenson County, Montgomery County, Norton City, Pulaski County, Radford City, Russell County, Smyth County, Tazewell County, and Wise County.
Deadline to Register to Vote or Update Registration
- Tuesday, March 16
- In-Person: 5:00 PM
- Online: 11:59 PM
Visit vote.elections.virginia.gov/voterinformation to register
Deadline to Request a Vote By Mail Ballot
- Friday, March 12
- In-Person 5:00 PM
- Online: 11:59 PM
Request a vote by mail ballot at vote.elections.virginia.gov/voterinformation
In-Person Early Voting
- Begins: As early as Friday, February 5
- Ends: Saturday, March 20
- Curbside voting is available due to COVID-19
- In addition, voting early in person will also be available two Saturdays before the election. Those dates are: March 13 & March 20
Visit your General Registrar’s office to vote early
Deadline to return your vote by mail ballot
You can hand-deliver your vote by mail ballot to your general registrar’s office or mail it to your General Registrar’s office by election day by the time the polls close
Your vote by mail ballot must be postmarked by Election Day; Tuesday, March 23 and must be received by your General Registrar’s office by Friday, March 26 by noon.
- Tuesday, March 23
- Polls are open from 6 AM-7 PM
How to Vote By Mail
To vote by mail, you must submit an application requesting a vote by mail ballot. You can do this either online, by mail, by fax, or by email.
- To apply online, please click here.
- To download the application, please click here.
- To find your registrar’s contact information, please click here
Questions about voting? Call the Virginia Voter Hotline: 844-4VA-VOTE (844-482-8683)