NOTICE OF ACCOMACK COUNTY DEMOCRATIC
CALL TO CAUCUS
The Accomack County Democratic Committee (ACDC) hereby announces that it will hold an assembled caucus (mass meeting) on December 14th, 2019 at the Mary N. Smith Cultural enrichment Center, 24577 Mary N. Smith Rd., Accomac VA, for the purpose of electing members and officers of the ACDC. Doors to the caucus will open at 9:00 AM. for check-in. The caucus will start at 10:00 AM. Any person attending the caucus, before participating in the caucus, shall sign a standardized Caucus Participation Form stating that he or she is a Democrat, believes in the principles of the Democratic Party, does not intend to support any candidate who is opposed to a Democratic nominee in the ensuing general election, and is a registered voter in Accomack County.
Caucus Participation forms must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the caucus. Doors to the caucus will be closed at that time and no person may complete a form or enter the caucus after that time, except those persons in line at the above mentioned time. The caucus may elect an unlimited number of At-Large Members. Immediately after election of the Committee members, the Committee shall elect the officers of the Committee, who serve until the next Committee reorganization mandated by the DPVA Party Plan -- i.e. a term of approximately two-years.
Any person wishing to seek election as an Officer of the Committee must complete and file a Pre-filing Form with Al McKegg, Treasurer of the ACDC, prior to 5:00 p.m., December 12, 2019. A filing fee of $10.00 must accompany the filing. No person who has failed to comply with the pre-filing requirements may be nominated for election. The caucus participation forms filed at the time of the caucus shall serve as filing forms for election as a member at large.
THERE IS NO FEE FOR THOSE WISHING TO ATTEND AND VOTE AT THE CAUCUS
Should the exact number of individuals, or fewer, file for Committee Officer positions, those individuals will be declared the Officers. For further information or to obtain filing forms, please contact Al McKegg, by email at: EasternShoreDemocrat@gmail.com Forms are available at: http://bit.ly/2DD59Z4ACDCPreFile
1. The doors to the caucus shall open, and the check in process shall begin at 9 AM.
2. The current Chair will serve as the Chair of the caucus. The official clock shall be kept by the Chair.
3. The doors to the caucus room shall be closed promptly at 10 AM. Persons standing in line to complete a Caucus Participation Form at the time the doors close will be allowed to complete their forms and participate in the caucus.
4. The Chair shall oversee the entire process and delegate responsibilities as they see fit. These responsibilities shall include checking in caucus participants, seating them, and serving as tellers for the contested elections.
5. The caucus will be called to order by the Chair.
6. The Chair shall appoint a Secretary of the caucus.
7. The first order of business will be to adopt these rules as permanent.
8. The Chair shall announce the total number of credentialed participants, and inform the participants of the contested elections to be held in order to elect members.
9. Pursuant to the Call to Caucus, those positions where equal or fewer people filed to the number of available positions shall have their elections, and the duly filed persons shall be declared the winner by acclamation. For any Committee position that is contested, candidates for that position shall be given three (3) minutes to present themselves to caucus participants.
10. Participants will be given ballots for the contested elections they are eligible to participate in upon checking in. The ballots shall be filled out by making a mark in the box next to their candidate of choice.
11. A Tellers Committee shall be appointed by the Chair to collect and count the ballots. Each candidate is entitled to have one representative who will observe the tellers committee count the ballots. Upon the tallying of votes, the Chair shall announce the winners of the contested elections.
12. Upon the announcement of winners, the caucus shall be adjourned.
24577 Mary N. Smith Road
Accomac, VA 23301
Saturday, December 14th, 2019