The Virginia Voter Hotline operates year-round to assist, encourage, and empower voters. Virginia Voter Hotline Operators answer voter’s questions about voting or address issues voters experience while voting.
Goals of the Virginia Voter Hotline
- Make sure the voting process is as smooth as possible for our callers.
- Lower the barriers to vote by using the best tools to quickly inform voters on the most up to date information.
- Report all voting incidents to LBJ, and provide as much background information as possible in the comments.
- Document information related to provisional and absentee ballots cast, so we can keep data on voting issues across the commonwealth of Virginia.
Shifts & Hours of Operation
- The hotline hours determine when we will need operators to be responding to hotline calls. During general operation, we keep the hotline open from 9 AM to 6 PM (Monday-Friday). In the days leading up to registration and absentee request deadlines, we often extend the hotline as needed.
- Before and after an Election, the Hotline has three shifts: the morning shift from 9 AM – 12 PM,the afternoon shift from 12 PM – 3 PM, andthe evening shift runs from 3 PM – 6 PM.
- On Election Day, hotline hours are 5:30 AM – 8:00 PM following when polls are open 6AM-7PM.