Democratic Party of Virginia HQ
The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking interns for the Spring 2023 term. Interns with the Democratic Party of Virginia will gain experience with the functions of a state political party. This is a unique opportunity to gain real-life experience in Democratic politics. This is a part-time paid internship. The position will be compensated on an hourly basis with a rate of $15/hr. This internship is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about electing and supporting Democrats at all levels. The internship will take place in-person at the Democratic Party of Virginia’s downtown Richmond location. Unfortunately, remote applicants will not be considered for this opportunity. College credit will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Those who wish to apply can do so here: https://forms.gle/FLDb2NjvzuX8QU9b7
- Interns will be placed in departments and provide general staffing support to department heads.
- Specific job requirements vary based on the different departments within the Democratic Party of Virginia: Digital, Finance / Operations, Communications and Political
- Interns will be managed by those in their department.
- Compensation is $15 an hour. This is a part-time internship.
- Ideal candidates will have the desire to learn about the inner workings of a political campaign and a state political party.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours per week, with a maximum of 20 hours per week
- Position is in-person based out of the Richmond Office of the Democratic Party of Virginia
- Positions are available for undergraduate, graduate, and law students.
Digital / Communications
- Compiling daily press clips & media mentions
- Drafting language for press releases and announcements
- Researching policy and current events
- Social media planning and design
- Drafting emails for our email fundraising program
- Drafting graphics for social media
- Designing merchandise for our store
Finance / Operations
- Assisting in the planning and execution of fundraising events
- Spearheading donor prospecting and research initiatives
- Maintaining our donor database, NGP VAN
- Helping with low dollar and grassroots fundraising outreach
- Processing campaign contributions
- Assisting in data cleanup
- Utilizing Excel and the compliance software NGP to maintain donor data integrity
- Assisting with expense and receipt reconciliation
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Preparing for Quarterly Steering and Central Meetings
- Maintaining Party contact lists
- Assisting with candidate trainings
- Responding to political inquiries on behalf of the DPVA
- Assist in preparation for primary and general elections
If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com .
The DPVA is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DPVA is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DPVA will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.