The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking interns for the Fall 2020 term. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in Democratic politics in an unprecedented and historic election year. This is a part-time unpaid internship. This internship is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about electing and supporting Democrats at all levels. The internship will take place virtually, while the Democratic Party of Virginia’s downtown Richmond location remains closed due to COVID-19. While the position is unpaid, we are happy to comply with whatever necessary for the student to receive college credit for the internship. Interns with the Democratic Party of Virginia will gain experience with the functions of a state political party.
Those who wish to apply can do so here: https://goo.gl/forms/Y6GJsRK0scfRF1gM2
- Interns will be placed in departments and provide general staffing support to department heads.
- Specific job requirements vary based on the different departments within the Democratic Party of Virginia: Communications, Digital, Operations, Political, and Voter Protection.
- Interns will be managed by the intern coordinator and those in their department.
- Ideal candidates will have a desire to learn about the inner workings of a political campaign and a state political party.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum commitment of 5 hours per week.
- Position is virtual, however in-person work would be based out of the Richmond Office of the Democratic Party of Virginia
- Positions are available for high school, undergraduate, graduate, and law students.
- Compiling daily press clips & media mentions
- Drafting language for press releases and announcements
- Researching policy and current events
- Social media planning and design
- Social media planning and design
- Drafting emails for our email fundraising program
- Drafting graphics for social media
- Designing merchandise for our store
- Maintaining donor data integrity
- Assisting COO with expense and receipt reconciliation
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Preparing for Quarterly Steering and Central Meetings
- Maintaining Party contact lists
- Assisting with candidate trainings
- Responding to political inquiries on behalf of the DPVA
- Assist in preparation for the November General Election
- Assist with Voter Outreach and Volunteer Recruitment
- Research Virginia election law and update materials
- Answer voters’ questions through the Virginia Voter Hotline
If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
Team Warner & Virginia Coordinated Campaign 2020
The 2020 Coordinated Campaign/Team Warner is looking for Fellows to join the campaign’s Digital Department. This fellowship is perfect for those looking to learn more about digital organizing and political campaigns.
Applicants may be someone with significant political experience looking to showcase their talent, or someone looking to gain first-time political experience. The ideal candidates will be creative, have excellent communication skills, and have a passion for electing Democrats. The fellowship requires at least 10 hours of work each week. Fellows will help create and host online events, experiment with new digital strategies, assist the Digital Department in everyday functions.
The fellowship is currently entirely online, but opportunities for in-person projects may arise as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. While the fellowship is unpaid, we are happy to comply with requirements to earn class credits. Flexible start date and end date. Fellows must have internet access.
The DPVA is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DPVA is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DPVA will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.