Thank your public servants this July 4th weekend to make up for all the vitriol that VA-07 Congressman Dave Brat has spewed in their direction
Richmond, VA -- As Fourth of July week wraps up and we celebrate our heroes in the American armed services, law enforcement, and other public servants, it feels only right that VA-07 voters know what Rep. Dave Brat thinks of hardworking law enforcement and intelligence officers.
Take an extra moment to thank a member of law enforcement this weekend. They do not deserve to be insulted. They deserve to be thanked. Here are ten times Dave Brat demeaned them.
- Brat has accused America’s own intelligence community of bad faith, questioning “will top FBI officials choose to be part of the cover up or the clean up?”
- In a disjointed rant, Brat accused America’s “…own intelligence agencies [of] lying to the American people who pay their tab to lie to them.”
- Accuses all of the hardworking men and women of the intelligence community of being a part of something called a "deep state" stating “This ‘deep state’ stuff is out of control…how do the intelligence agencies not have evidence…It’s a total failure of oversight….”
- Blatantly offending America’s honest, fastidious intelligence officers Brat said that “…the American people are finding out just how incoherent our intelligence agencies are…”
- Brat outlandishly stated that the “…most significant security organizations have a bias to the point where they want to take out a sitting President of the United States.”
- When peddling the asinine conspiracy that the ‘Deep State’ (whatever that means) worked against the Trump 2016 campaign Brat said “...the alignment of the current Obama administration and the DCCC with the three heads of the intelligence organizations...is a huge, huge problem going forward.”
- Brat accused Donald Trump’s own administration of a cover up claiming that Congress was waiting for “…the Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the FBI to turn over rest of documents that they have been slow walking, redacting, and marking over with black ink.”
- Brat made the sweeping false claim that “…everyone knows everything has been politicized, when these are supposed to be the objective agencies [FBI, CIA, …].”
- Brat will even go as far to share and quote articles from right-wing commentators like Ben Shapiro asking “What happens when the intelligence community becomes its own shadow government, working to undermine those who are elected?”
- Brat, in line with Donald Trump, seemingly threatens America’s intelligence community stating “And that’s just a crack in the ice, right? The CIA I’m sure is coming next; the State Department already is coming next."
It is clear how Dave Brat feels about America’s law enforcement and intelligence community. If Dave Brat can’t even respect those Americans who protect us every day, how is he supposed to respect the needs of his VA-07 constituents?