Kiggans voted to spend $70 million Virginia taxpayer dollars on false claims of election fraud.
Richmond, VA – Jen Kiggans has fully embraced the “Big Lie” and the false narrative that the 2020 election was stolen. She’s produced and supported legislation under the false claims of election fraud and doubled down on efforts saying, “I will bring the same focus on election security to the national level.”
Here is Sen. Kiggans’s disturbing pattern of fully embracing 2020 election conspiracies:
- Was one of only 3 Republicans who voted to spend $70 million Virginia taxpayer dollars on false claims of election fraud,
- When asked if Joe Biden is the current President, Kiggans said, “He lives in the White House.”
- Refused to say who won the 2020 presidential election, embracing the fiction that the 2020 election was stolen
- Supported a slew of “election integrity” bills which were aimed at restricting the right to vote and appeal to far-right conspiracy theorists,
- Refused to censure conspiracy theorist Amanda Chase for saying the Capitol insurrectionists were "patriots."
“Jen Kiggans’ political ambitions come before anything else – even if that means she has to undermine America’s democracy,” said DPVA spokesperson Gianni Snidle. “The difference in this election couldn’t be more clear: Kiggans has embraced the false narrative that the 2020 election was stolen, while Congresswoman Luria took an oath to defend our Constitution and is working every day to uphold it.”