Today, Congresswoman Barbara Comstock is hosting an event with national GOP rising star Governor Nikki Haley in an attempt to elevate Comstock's vulnerable campaign.
As Comstock clings on to Haley's star power, their similarities are on full display:
Comstock and Haley both remain silent on the Whole Women's Health SCOTUS ruling.
- Congresswoman Comstock said she wants to overturn Roe v. Wade and has served as Co-Chair of the extreme anti-choice group, Susan B. Anthony List.
- Despite her anti-choice status, she has remained silent on the SCOTUS ruling to hide her anti-choice stance in an attempt to appear more moderate.
- Governor Haley signed a 20 week abortion ban into law and signed two bills at a crisis pregnancy center.
Comstock and Haley both reject equal pay measures.
- Congresswoman Comstock has voted against consideration of the Paycheck Fairness Act twice. She has been vocal against equal pay measures, labeling them as a "partisan" ploy. She's done nothing to close the gap despite her district having the largest pa
y inequity of any Congressional District in Virginia.
- South Carolina is one of four states without equal pay measures and Governor Haley has not made an effort to close the gap despite calls from advocates and The Herald Editorial Board.
Comstock and Haley both have national aspirations.