RICHMOND, VA – The Biden-Harris administration’s Investing in America Agenda – including the American Rescue Plan, Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, CHIPS and Science Act, and Inflation Reduction Act – is delivering historic results for Virginians. Under President Biden’s and Democrats’ leadership, Virginia is seeing steady and stable growth with good-paying jobs and more manufacturing, and small businesses booming – and working families are saving money as a result.
“President Biden continues to deliver historic economic progress by building an economy that works for all Virginians,” said Liam Watson, Press Secretary for the Democratic Party of Virginia. “Families across Virginia are reaping the benefits of the president’s economic leadership, even while MAGA Republicans do everything in their power to roll back these gains. President Biden and Vice President Harris are helping Virginians get ahead, and it’s never been more clear: we must re-elect them to finish the job.”
Here’s a look at just a few of the ways President Biden’s Invest in America agenda has delivered for Virginia:
- Under the Biden-Harris Administration, private companies have announced $10 billion in commitments to invest in 21st century industries, like clean energy.
- $4.7 billion in public infrastructure investment has been directed to Virginia, including $3.8 billion for the improvement of roads, bridges, public transit, ports, and airports.
- 3.1% unemployment rate in Virginia, with 237,000 new jobs created, including 9,700 new manufacturing jobs under the Biden Administration.
- 352,300 households receiving affordable, high-speed internet through the Affordable Connectivity Program since President Biden took office.
- 1.1 million seniors and other Medicare Part D beneficiaries will save money on prescription drug costs because of President Biden’s $2,000 yearly cap on out-of-pocket prescription drug costs, a $35 monthly cap per insulin prescription, and free vaccines.