2019 is a big year for Virginia Democrats.
Join our team to keep Virginia blue!
Take the Majority Organizers
The Democratic Party of Virginia is hiring Organizers to build a diverse and robust organizing team for the 2019 General Assembly elections. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to helping elect Virginia Democrats this year in some of the most hotly contested state legislative races.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
– Using phone calls and digital tactics, recruiting volunteers to complete voter contact shifts
– Recruit, train and manage fellows
– Plan and manage phone banks and canvasses
– Develops volunteer leadership to expand the campaign’s capacity
– Knock on doors and make phone calls to voters
– Amplify message, recruit volunteers and create online communities using social media platforms
– Plans and executes other volunteer events to reach a broad range of people throughout the Commonwealth
– Help create a program that reflects assigned organizing regions
Required Skills and Background
– Exceptionally well organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Disciplined and solutions- oriented approach to all tasks.
– Must have access to a cell phone and vehicle
– Commitment to electing all Democrats on the ticket
– The ability and willingness to work long hours and weekends
Preferred Background and Experience
-Previous Campaign experience
-Proficiency with votebuilder/VAN
This is a full-time position requiring a full-time commitment starting as soon as possible through November 2019. Salary commensurate with experience. Position will include medical, vision and dental insurance benefits at no cost to Organizers. Extensive travel throughout each region is to be expected; reliable transportation is a must.
To apply please send an email with the title of ‘Field Organizer’ in the subject line with your resume and a short statement of interests to Jobs@vademocrats.org
The Democratic Party of Virginia seeks Field Organizers on an equal opportunity basis. We are committed to diversity, and have the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining diverse Field Organizers. We believe all staff has the right to work in an environment free from discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.