2021 is a big year in Virginia
Join our team to keep Virginia blue!
Democratic Party of Virginia HQ:
Voter Protection Fellow
Virginia Turnout Project:
Check Back Soon!
Democratic Party of Virginia HQ
The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking a fellow for our Voter Protection Department for the Summer 2021 term. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in Democratic politics in an unprecedented and historic election year. This is a part-time paid fellowship. This fellowship is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about expanding voting rights, combating voter suppression and electing and supporting Democrats at all levels. The fellowship will take place in a mostly virtual environment.
This program will last approximately two months with a start date beginning at the end of May and an end date of mid-August. The selected candidate will be an official employee of the Democratic Party of Virginia and will gain experience with the Voter Protection Department.
Application deadline is Friday, April 30th. Those who wish to apply can do so here: https://forms.gle/Di9dkESCjxYd3iEv5
- The Voter Protection Fellow will work directly with the Voter Protection Director for the 2021 Summer term.
- Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Assisting the Voter Protection Director with Voter Outreach and Volunteer Recruitment for upcoming elections
- Answer voters’ questions through the Virginia Voter Protection Hotline.
- Researching Virginia election laws and updating materials to reflect new changes ○ Assist with outreach to local registrars and committees
- Ideal candidates will have a desire to learn more about Voter Protection and have a passion for expanding voting rights and combating voter suppression. Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment of 15-20 hours per week.
- Position is mostly virtual, however in-person work would be based out of the Richmond Office of the Democratic Party of Virginia
- Position is only available for undergraduate (junior or senior standing), graduate, and law students.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: The DPVA prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPVA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPVA employee. The DPVA is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. DPVA’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPVA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPVA employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DPVA. The DPVA is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DPVA, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.