2021 is a big year in Virginia
Join our team to keep Virginia blue!
Democratic Party of Virginia HQ:
Virginia Turnout Project:
Deputy Voter Protection Director
Voter Protection Hotline Manager
Democratic Party of Virginia HQ
The Virginia Democratic Party is looking to hire an experienced Communications Director to help manage the party’s messaging and communications strategy. The Communications Director will be responsible for leading the development and execution of earned media and messaging plans, acting as spokesperson for the DPVA when appropriate, maintaining and growing relationships with local, state and national press, and working with Democratic campaigns and organizations to hold Republicans accountable while amplifying Democratic accomplishments.
This position will oversee all internal and external communications to drive earned media and communicate the Party’s message. The Communications Director will also be expected to collaborate with other DPVA departments to execute events such as conventions, fundraisers, and rallies.
The position will report to the DPVA’s Executive Director.
- Acting as spokesperson on behalf of the Democratic Party of Virginia
- Planning and executing an earned media campaigns throughout election cycles
- Coordinating messaging and tactics with Democratic campaigns and organizations up and down the ballot
- Managing DPVA’s social media accounts
- Working with DPVA’s digital and finance departments to ensure integrated messaging
- Working with local committees to coordinate messaging and respond to immediate needs
- Managing communications for DPVA’s chair
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 years working in political communications; Virginia experience is preferred
- On-the-record experience
- Proven ability to execute creative earned media campaigns
- Previous record of working and communicating with multiple stakeholders
- A willingness to work in a high-paced campaign environment with unpredictable hours
- Experience managing staff
- Salary is $55,000-75,000 yearly and commensurate with experience
- Work hours will fluctuate between 40-70 hrs/week depending on need
- PTO available as approved by supervisor, no accruals / balances.
- Insurance: 100% employer contributions; 401(k) available after one year of work
To apply, please submit your resume, two writing samples, and two sample social media posts to email@example.com
The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking a fellow for our Finance Department for the Fall 2021 term. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in Democratic politics in a high-stakes election year. This is a part-time paid fellowship. This fellowship is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about fundraising, event planning, political campaigns and supporting Democrats at all levels. The fellowship will take place mostly in-person. This program will last approximately two months with a start date beginning in late-August and an end date of mid-November. The selected candidate will be an official employee of the Democratic Party of Virginia and will gain experience with the Finance Department.
Application deadline is Thursday, August 19th. Those who wish to apply can do so here: https://forms.gle/xy3h8xq3DQNbnNfy6
- The Finance Fellow will work directly with the Finance Department for the 2021 Fall term.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Assisting the Finance Department with donor research, outreach and sponsorships for upcoming events.
- Assist the Finance Department with planning and executing upcoming in person and virtual events
- Assist the Finance Department with grassroots outreach and low dollar fundraising events
- Help maintain our donor database
- Other duties as assigned
- Ideal candidates will have a desire to learn more about Finance and have a passion for political fundraising, event planning and state political campaigns. Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Position is $15.00/hr. Commitment of 15-20 hours per week is required.
- Position is mostly in-person.
- Position is only available for undergraduate (junior or senior standing), graduate, and law students.
To apply for this job, please use this external link: https://forms.gle/xy3h8xq3DQNbnNfy6. You will be required to upload your resume, cover letter, and a short three-page, double-spaced essay about why democratic ideals are important.
Virginia Turnout Project
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: The DPVA prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPVA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPVA employee. The DPVA is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. DPVA’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPVA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPVA employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DPVA. The DPVA is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DPVA, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.