2019 is a big year for Virginia Democrats.
Join our team to keep Virginia blue!
The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking a highly motivated and creative Digital Director to manage the party’s online efforts in 2019, 2020 and beyond. Key responsibilities include designing graphics for email and social media, managing the DPVA website, social media, and other digital channels, working with committees, localities, and candidates on digital needs and online promotion of their events, and assisting the Communications Director and Finance Director in managing the DPVA online fundraising program, graphic design needs, and other digital communications. Ideal candidates will possess a keen eye for detail and a background in writing and graphic design. Please send a resume and 2-3 writing/design samples to email@example.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write, manage and post all digital content across channels to complement the communications strategy, including (but not limited to): website, email campaigns, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Medium (Demo Memo) – as well as launch the party’s presence on new platforms. Administer, support, and train users on digital communications and digital organizing
- Developing and implementing a digital strategy in coordination with the Executive Director that communicates the Democratic vision and pushes back against the Republican agenda
- Provide excellent and timely support to staff, campaigns, committees, and localities
- Hold digital trainings on social media, online fundraising, and digital organizing and establish best practices and standards for staff, campaigns, committees, and localities to reference
- Work with Finance team to identify fundraising and online engagement opportunities
- Create and distribute weekly e-newsletter, the Demo Memo, on Medium
- Design flyers, social media graphics, invitations, GIFs, animated videos, and other graphic design needs for the organization and the other departments
- Run digital marketing/advertising campaigns on social media and online publications
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in digital media technology and online activism
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or other design software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter; willing to sometimes work long, irregular hours and to travel as needed
- Superior project management skills—multitasking is essential—with a demonstrated-outcomes orientation and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with CRM databases
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 15, 2019.