2019 is a big year for Virginia Democrats.
Join Team DPVA to Keep Virginia Blue!
2019 Summer Internships
Deadline to apply is May 13, 2019 at 5:00pm.
The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking undergraduate interns for the Summer 2019 term. This is a unique opportunity to gain real life experience in Democratic politics at the start of a really exciting election year. This is a part time or full time unpaid internship. This internship is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about electing and supporting Democrats at all levels. While the position is unpaid, we are happy to comply with whatever necessary for the student to receive college credit for the internship. Interns with the Democratic Party of Virginia will gain experience with campaign communications, strategy, and field plans.
- Interns will be placed in departments and provide general staffing support to department heads.
- Specific job requirements vary based on the different departments within the Democratic Party of Virginia: Political, Operations, Finance, Executive, Data, Digital, and Communications.
- Ideal candidate will be an undergraduate student who has a desire to learn about the inner workings of a political campaign and a state political party
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills and strong research skills
- Minimum commitment of 15 hours per week
- Position is based out of the Richmond Office of the Democratic Party of Virginia
- To apply, follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/Y6GJsRK0scfRF1gM2
- Compiling daily press clips & media mentions
- Drafting language for press releases and announcements
- Researching policy and current events
- Social media planning and design
- Assisting local committees and campaigns with data needs
- Providing prompt customer service to party leaders and candidates
- Using political sense to give advice to clients and suggest modifications to data requests
- Ensuring that all users are able to use the online voter file effectively
- Assisting the Executive Director
- Auditing and ordering office supplies
- Maintaining various office wide calendars
- Supporting other departments as needed
- Assisting in the planning and execution of fundraising events
- Spearheading donor prospecting and research initiatives
- Maintaining our donor database, NGP VAN
- Helping with low dollar and grassroots fundraising outreach
- Processing campaign contributions
- Preparing bank deposits and expense requests
- Maintaining data integrity
- Assisting Operations Director with vendor accounts
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Preparing for Quarterly Steering and Central Meetings
- Maintaining Party contact lists
- Assisting with candidate trainings
- Responding to political inquiries on behalf of the DPVA