2021 is a big year in Virginia
Join our team to keep Virginia blue!
Democratic Party of Virginia HQ:
Deputy Digital Director
Virginia Turnout Project:
Deputy Operations Director
Democratic Party of Virginia HQ
The Virginia Democratic Party is looking to hire an experienced Communications Director to help manage the party’s messaging and communications strategy. The Communications Director will be responsible for leading the development and execution of earned media and messaging plans, acting as spokesperson for the DPVA when appropriate, maintaining and growing relationships with local, state and national press, and working with Democratic campaigns and organizations to hold Republicans accountable while amplifying Democratic accomplishments.
This position will oversee all internal and external communications to drive earned media and communicate the Party’s message. The Communications Director will also be expected to collaborate with other DPVA departments to execute events such as conventions, fundraisers, and rallies.
The position will report to the DPVA’s Executive Director.
- Acting as spokesperson on behalf of the Democratic Party of Virginia
- Planning and executing an earned media campaigns throughout election cycles
- Coordinating messaging and tactics with Democratic campaigns and organizations up and down the ballot
- Managing DPVA’s social media accounts
- Working with DPVA’s digital and finance departments to ensure integrated messaging
- Working with local committees to coordinate messaging and respond to immediate needs
- Managing communications for DPVA’s chair
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 years working in political communications; Virginia experience is preferred
- On-the-record experience
- Proven ability to execute creative earned media campaigns
- Previous record of working and communicating with multiple stakeholders
- A willingness to work in a high-paced campaign environment with unpredictable hours
- Experience managing staff
- Salary is $55,000-75,000 yearly and commensurate with experience
- Work hours will fluctuate between 40-70 hrs/week depending on need
- PTO available as approved by supervisor, no accruals / balances.
- Insurance: 100% employer contributions; 401(k) available after one year of work
To apply, please submit your resume, two writing samples, and two sample social media posts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Digital Director
The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking a highly motivated and creative Deputy Digital Director to assist and support our digital fundraising efforts and increase our social media presence in 2021 and beyond. This Deputy’s main priority prior to the November 2, 2021 election will be the DPVA’s online fundraising program, working in coordination with the statewide campaign digital teams and the DPVA’s Digital Director.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, producing and sending fundraising emails;
- Determining targeting for fundraising emails;
- Managing and tracking digital fundraising data;
- Maintaining an up-to-date email calendar; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Digital Director
- Managing the DPVA’s Social Media fundraising and engagement efforts
- Work with Digital Director to develop and implement a year-round Digital Organizing Program
- Managing the Digital Department interns
- Using Adobe suite to produce audio/video/graphics for social media and events
A qualified applicant for this role will have the following:
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals;
- At least one cycle of experience with online fundraising CRMs like NGP and Action Network;
- Proficiency in HTML and email production;
- Willingness to work long hours during the most intense period of Virginia’s competitive election season;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet all goals and deadlines;
- Strong writing skills and experience driving people to action with written communication; and
- A strong commitment to Democratic values and equity.
This is a full-time position to begin as soon as August 16, 2021. Salary commensurate with experience, in the $45,000-55,000 annual range. Position will be based in Richmond, VA, and will include medical, vision, and dental insurance benefits at no cost to the Deputy Digital Director.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and sample fundraising email to email@example.com. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis but the application will close on August 5th.
Virginia Turnout Project
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: The DPVA prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPVA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPVA employee. The DPVA is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. DPVA’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPVA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPVA employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DPVA. The DPVA is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DPVA, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.