2020 is a big year for Virginia Democrats.
Join our team to keep Virginia blue!
Democratic Party of Virginia HQ:
Democratic Party of Virginia HQ
The Democratic Party of Virginia is seeking a highly motivated and organized Finance Director to lead fundraising efforts in 2021 and beyond with a prospective start date of January 1, 2021. Key responsibilities include planning and executing fundraising events, written correspondence with donors, identifying new income sources, managing call time, and working with the Communications and Digital teams to design and promote events. Ideal candidates will possess strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills, as well as knowledge of fundraising methods, and at least 2 cycles of fundraising experience. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, plan, and implement fundraising events
- Consistently achieve and exceed fundraising goals through donor calls, emails, and written correspondence
- Collaborate with DPVA teams to ensure successful promotion of events
- Cultivate friendly rapport with current and potential donors
- Maintain meticulous records of contacts, donations, and event plans
- Manage Finance Team interns
- Experience with campaign or organizational fundraising
- Comfortability with calling donors and soliciting contributions
- Familiarity with NGP and ActBlue
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Must be a self-starter; willing to sometimes work long, irregular hours and to travel as needed
- Superior project management skills—multitasking is essential—with a demonstrated-outcomes orientation and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, December 1st, 2020.
Annual Salary: $70,000 or commensurate with experience
PTO: PTO available as approved by supervisor, no accruals / balances.
Insurance: 100% employer contributions; 401(k) available after one year of work
Hours: 40-50 / week standard
This is not a bargaining unit position represented by Local 0666 of IBEW.
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: The DPVA prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPVA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPVA employee. The DPVA is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
DPVA’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPVA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPVA employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DPVA.
The DPVA is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DPVA, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.