Notably missing from the voices of dissent is Congresswoman Barbara Comstock - who is intentionally hiding her anti-choice position.
Why does this matter? Because Congresswoman Comstock has a fervently anti-choice record, including full blown anti-choice advocacy and support for TRAP measures similar to the Texas regulations that were struck down in the Supreme Courts:
- Comstock voted for onerous anti-choice measures in Virginia that were similar to the Texas regulations struck down by the Supreme Court.
- Comstock served as co-Chair of the Susan B. Anthony List, a group whose sole purpose is to bolster anti-choice, anti-women candidates - including Donald Trump.
- Comstock championed Virginia's notorious transvaginal ultrasound bill that forced women to undergo an invasive probe in order to receive an abortion. Comstock also supported a personhood measure.
- Comstock believes Roe v. Wade should be overturned.
- Comstock's fervor for the anti-choice movement is most evident in her own words:
“My activity in the pro-life community is decades long, and I’ve been on the board of SBA for years, too. And my membership in the vast right-wing conspiracy is pretty well-documented."
"It's baffling that someone who has described herself as having a 'decades long' record of anti-choice activism would be silent on the Supreme Court ruling - especially since she championed similar regulations in Virginia. It's abundantly