RICHMOND, VA - As Super Tuesday approaches, new polling from The Institute for Policy and Opinion Research at Roanoke College shows that Virginians support every Democratic candidate over Donald Trump in head-to-head matchups.
Each of the Democratic candidates named in the poll out-performed Trump by 6 to 9 percentage points.
Here's how each matchup turned out:
- Bernie Sanders beat Trump 49% to 40%
- Joe Biden beat Trump 48% to 40%
- Elizabeth Warren beat Trump 48% to 41%
- Pete Buttigieg beat Trump 47% to 40%
- Michael Bloomberg beat Trump 46% to 40%
- Amy Klobuchar beat Trump 46% to 39%
The poll also found Trump's approval rating is 16 points underwater. A majority of Virginians — 52% — disapprove of the way President Trump is handling his job, while only 36% approve. The President's disastrous record of government shutdowns, slashed funding for Virginia, and promises to cut Social Security and Medicare are obviously turning voters off across the Commonwealth.