Richmond, VA – A new poll released today by Roanoke College finds that Attorney General Jason Miyares has a historically low 24% approval rating from Virginians. This comes after the Attorney General’s rocky start when reports showed patterns of corruption and unethical behavior, and his recent attempts to reverse Virginia’s progress on landmark issues. This poll proves that Virginians are rejecting Miyares’s far-right antics and extreme agenda at unprecedented levels.
In case you missed the Attorney General’s illegal, unpopular, and incompetent behaviors, here’s a list of his failures to date:
- Miyares hosted the first in a series of meetings with Senator Amanda Chase to investigate baseless claims of election fraud.
- Emails released found that the AG’s office was involved in a potential quid-pro-quo for a top position as UVA’s general counsel if the high-profile Loudoun investigation is “done well and the AG looks good.”
- Miyares illegally accepted $70,000 in illegal campaign donations during the General Assembly session.
- The Deputy Attorney General that Miyares appointed to oversee Virginia's elections was forced to resign after her beliefs that the 2020 election was stolen and that Jan. 6 insurrectionists were patriots were uncovered.
- Attorney General Miyares confessed that his office can’t keep up with the key responsibilities of his office.
- Miyares wrongfully fired civil servants who didn’t align with his political ideology.
- Miyares has used his authority to advance a far-right unpopular agenda - undermining gender equality, endangering our environment and reiterating his opposition to reproductive rights.
“From day one, Virginians have seen a consistent pattern of corruption and far-right incompetence coming out of the Attorney General's office,” said DPVA spokesperson Gianni Snidle. “His unpopular extreme policies and his illegal antics have shown Virginians his true colors, and they are rejecting him for it. Yikes!”